SLOW COOKER LO MEIN
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 8 HOURS 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 8 HOURS 40 MINUTES
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 (5-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste), or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- LINE a slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
- WHISK together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sambal oelek, oyster sauce, ginger and sesame oil in the slow cooker. Add pork shoulder, then cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- REMOVE pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices. Stir in broccoli, carrots, celery, snow peas and chestnuts. Cover and cook on high heat for 15-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- COOK pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- SERVE pasta immediately, topped with pork mixture.