YIELD: 1 9x13-inch cake
PREP TIME: five minutes
COOK TIME: virtually 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: virtually two hours, for cooling too setting up
- one 16.50-ounce box yellowish cake mix (I used Duncan Hines but yous tin run this scratch recipe)
- 1/2 loving cup creamy peanut butter, softened
- one 14-ounce tin sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces caramel sundae topping (I merely eyeball it too run one-half of 1 12-ounce jar)
- one 8-ounce container whipped topping, thawed (I used fat-free)
- 1/2 loving cup peanut butter chips
- about 3/4 loving cup mini peanut butter cups, halved
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13-inch pan amongst aluminum foil too spray amongst cooking spray; gear upwards aside.
- Make cake according to packet directions (likely adding iii eggs, water, too oil) too bake every bit directed.
- While the cake bakes add together the peanut butter to a large, microwave-safe bowl too oestrus to soften, virtually xv to thirty seconds.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, too whisk to combine; gear upwards aside.
- Remove cake from the oven when it's done (probably virtually 23 to 28 minutes) too using the blunt terminate of a wooden spoon, poke holes over the surface of the cake. I didn't count but I justice I poked virtually lx holes, evenly spaced over the surface.
- Slowly pour the peanut butter too sweetened condensed milk mixture over the holes, taking your fourth dimension to evenly distribute it too thus that all the holes have some. Place cake inward the refrigerator for virtually 10 minutes to cool slightly earlier adding the whipped topping too thus it doesn't melt.
- Remove cake from the fridge, evenly spread the whipped topping over the surface, too evenly sprinkle the peanut butter chips too peanut butter cups. Cover cake too refrigerate for at to the lowest degree two hours (overnight is best) earlier slicing too serving. Cake volition proceed airtight inward the refrigerator for upwards to five days.
Adapted from Better-Than-Anything Chocolate Cake