Yield: 12-15 cupcakes
- 6 tbsp (84g) Salted Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups (155g) sugar
- 6 tbsp (86g) sour cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups (163g) all exercise flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 loving cup (120ml) pineapple juice*
- 4 tbsp crushed pineapple
FROSTING AND TOPPING
- 3/4 loving cup (168g) Salted Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 loving cup (95g) shortening
- 5 cups (575g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp kokosnoot extract
- 2 tbsp (30ml) pineapple juice*
- 1/2 tbsp kokosnoot rum
- 1/2 loving cup sweetened kokosnoot flakes
- Sliced pineapple, cutting into pieces
- 12-15 maraschino cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350�F (176�C) as well as develop a cupcake pan alongside cupcake liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter as well as saccharide together until low-cal inward coloring as well as fluffy, nearly 3-4 minutes. Do non skimp on the sum of creaming time.
3. Add sour cream as well as mix until good combined.
4. Add egg whites inward 2 batches, mixing until good combined later on each. Scrape downward the sides of the bowl equally needed to move certain all ingredients are good incorporated.
5. Combine dry out ingredients inward a split upwardly bowl. Add one-half of the dry out ingredients to the batter as well as mix until good combined. Add the pineapple juice as well as mix until good combined. Add remaining dry out ingredients as well as mix until good combined.
6. Stir inward the crushed pineapple as well as scrape downward the sides of the bowl equally needed to move certain all ingredients are good incorporated.
7. Fill cupcake liners nearly halfway. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out alongside a few crumbs.
8. Remove cupcakes from oven as well as allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, as well as thence take to cooling rack to complete cooling.
9. While the cupcakes are cooling, brand the frosting. Beat the butter as well as shortening together until smooth.
10. Add nearly one-half of the powdered saccharide as well as mix until smooth.
11. Add the kokosnoot extract, pineapple juice as well as kokosnoot rum as well as mix until smooth.
12. Add the remaining powdered saccharide as well as mix until smooth.
13. Pipe the frosting on piece of occupation yesteryear of the cupcakes alongside a swirl. I used Ateco tip 808, a large circular icing tip.
14. To decorate the cupcakes, lightly press the kokosnoot flakes onto the sides of the cupcakes as well as thence piece of occupation yesteryear them alongside a spell of pineapple as well as a cherry.
*For the pineapple juice inward the cupcakes as well as frosting, I used the juice from the cans of crushed as well as sliced pineapple used inward the cupcakes as well as inward the frosting. I used an 8 oz tin of crushed pineapple (for the cupcakes) as well as an 8 oz tin of sliced pineapple (for the frosting as well as topping)