- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream , room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk* , room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips , or your favorite variety
- coarse/decorating sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 425F degrees and butter or line a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- Turn off your mixer, scrape down the sides & fold in the sour cream and buttermilk.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture until almost combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill your muffin tins to the very top (about a generous 1/3 cup). Optionally sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips and coarse sugar.
- Then bake at 425F degrees for 5 minutes. Turn down the oven to 375F degrees and continue baking for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cont...
Source: Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins