For the Brine:
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken breast tenderloins and brine ingredients. Mix well and toss to coat the chicken tenders entirely. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, chili powder, cumin, baking powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Drizzle with buttermilk and mix with a fork to create craggy pieces.
Source: CRISPY CHICKEN TACOS WITH AVOCADO BUTTERMILK RANCH