For the Blueberry Layer
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice , don't use bottle lemon juice - it's too tart
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Bottom Lay & Top Crumble
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour , spooned & leveled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter , cold (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with aluminium foil and grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl toss together the ingredients for the blueberry layer (blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice & sugar). Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar & baking powder.
Source: Blueberry Crumble Bars