- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (or juice of half a lemon)
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets (about 1/2 pound or 250 grams each), skin off or on
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- Salt, to taste
- Arrange oven shelf about 8-inches away from heat element in your oven. Preheat your oven to broil (or grill in Australia).
- Place butter in a cast iron skillet (or an oven-proof frying pan if you don't have a skillet). Cook over medium heat, stirring and swirling pan occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until the foam settles; the butter begins to change in colour to golden brown and has a nutty fragrance.
- Pour in the honey and let it dissolve into the butter. Then add in the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the butter in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste..
Source: Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon