- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 inch cube of ginger (about 30 grams), roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into four
- 2 cans coconut milk, not shaken
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can of baby corn cobs
- 1 cup peas or frozen vegetables of your choice
For the spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients from the spice blend together and set aside.
- In a mini food processor, combine garlic, ginger and onion and pulse until it forms a paste.
- In the bottom of a slow-cooker placed on a burner (see IMPORTANT note above), heat olive oil and melt butter. Add pureed aromatics and stir well. Cook for a few minutes, then add spice blend. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Move aromatics to one side of the pot and add chicken pieces to the pot. Cook chicken slightly on all sides, using a sturdy wooden spoon to move it around the pot. It should get thoroughly coated with the spice mixture..
Source: Slow Cooker Coconut Ginger Chicken & Vegetables