- 1 cup bacon cooked and chopped (about 8 to 10 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno this will be about 1 large jalapeno, I diced seeds as well
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 ounces buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine. (You can use a mixer for this, just be careful not to over-mix.)
- Add cream cheese mixture, 1 tablespoon oil and buttermilk and mix until just combined, don't over-mix.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan..
Source: Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread