- 20-24 oz fresh tomatoes (4-5 roma tomatoes or 3-4 regular tomatoes) diced small
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper (or to taste)
- 1 baguette
- olive oil & fresh garlic for toasting
- Dice tomatoes about 1/4" and lightly drain.
- Mix all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the baguette, brush with olive oil and toast or grill until lightly browned. Rub each toasted slice baguette with a clove of raw garlic.
- Top with tomato mixture.