- For the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or paper-line xx muffin forcefulness out cups. Set aside.
- Combine chocolate together with cocoa pulverization inwards a modest bowl. Carefully pour inwards boiling H2O together with stir until the chocolate has melted together with the ingredients are good combined. Add sour cream, cream de cacao, together with vanilla extract. Mix good together with laid aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, together with tabular array salt inwards a bowl together with laid aside.
- In the bowl of a standing electrical mixer, cream together butter together with saccharide until good combined.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture ane at a time, beating good afterwards each addition. Beat until good blended.
- Add one-half of the flour mixture together with mix briefly. Stir inwards the chocolate mixture. Add remaining flour together with stir until but combined. Mix inwards chocolate chips.
- Add batter to prepared muffin cups, filling each ane well-nigh one-half full.
- Bake until the cupcakes are laid together with a tester inserted inwards the oculus comes out by together with large clean, well-nigh fifteen minutes.
- Remove from the oven together with cool inwards the pan for 10 minutes earlier removing cupcakes to a cooling rack.
- For the buttercream frosting, combine butter, iv cups of confectioners' sugar, creme de menthe, together with peppermint extract (if using) inwards the bowl of a standing electrical mixer. Mix piece of cake amongst the paddle attachment to combine, together with and then growth speed to medium-high. Beat until good combined. Add additional powdered saccharide or about of the milk or cream, every bit needed, to make a shine consistency that volition concur upward on your cupcakes.
- Pipe frosting atop cooled cupcakes or exercise a modest spatula to add together a generous layer of frosting to each cupcake. Garnish amongst sprinkles, if desired.
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
½ loving cup boiling water
½ loving cup sour cream
3 tablespoons cream de cacao
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 loving cup plus ii tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter, softened but all the same cool
¾ cups granulated sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 loving cup chocolate chips
4 to 4½ cups confectioners' saccharide (sifted if lumpy)
6 tablespoons butter, softened but all the same cool
¼ loving cup crème de menthe
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream, every bit needed